Transit Van Insurance

White transit vanIf you run your own business and own a transit van that is used for business purposes you are going to need to make sure that you have suitable transit van insurance. Not only is it a legal requirement but it is also a prudent thing to put in place.

If your transit van were involved in an accident, resulting in the vehicle requiring extensive repairs before it was considered to be roadworthy once more, this could seriously affect your capability to run your business. With transit van insurance it may include, as standard, the provision of a courtesy van whilst yours is being repaired or you may be able to include this as an optional extra.

What Levels Of Cover Are Available For Transits?

As with most forms of vehicle insurance you can choose either third party cover with this being the minimum legal requirement, third party fire and theft or fully comprehensive van insurance.

Is It Possible To Add Any Optional Extras

You may wish to consider including the likes of breakdown cover to get you back on the road as quickly as possible, cover for driving the transit van abroad and legal expenses cover.

Additional Drivers

Depending upon the size of your business you may wish to either just insure yourself to drive your transit van, have other drivers named on the policy or have complete flexibility by having any driver (subject to possible age restrictions) being able to drive the van.

If you would like to know more or speak to a professional advisor simply give us a call.